Tel: +49(0)721 608-42571
Fax: +49(0)721 608-47770
Probieren Sie auf dieser Seite unser Programm für die Berechnung des thermodynamischen Gleichgewichtes einer Gasmischung
Aktuelle Angebote für das Anfertigen von Bachelor- und Masterarbeiten finden sie auf der folgenden Seite.
Sorry, up to now, this page is only available in german!
Technical Chemistry is, of course, of great importance in teaching and research at the oldest technical university in Germany. Since 1851, lectures on "Chemical Technology" by Karl Seubert and later Karl Birnbaum have been offered since the establishment of the "Chemisch-Technischen Schule". One of the consequences of this orientation was, among other things, the setting up of the "Technisch- Chemischen Laboratorium" in 1872 under Karl Birnbaum with its own institute building, which was completed a few years later by Carl Engler at the current so-called "Ehrenhof" of the university. In 1887, Hans Bunte, from Munich, became holder of the Chair for Chemical Engineering. His vocation was inspired by a suggestion of Carl Engler, with whom he remained friendly for a lifetime. The picture shows how the friendship of these two men, whose name the Engler-Bunte-Institut comprises, was depicted in a contemporary style. Among others, relevant analytical problems have been investigated in the Chemisch-Technische Institut at the university, and even the "Gas Courses", which often are thought of being a child of the "Versuchsgasastalt", had already seen the light of the world in 1898. Technical chemistry and other application-related chemical subjects were always involved in the further development of the diversity of chemistry at the University of Karlsruhe, and in 1950 the Department of Chemistry presented a broad spectrum of applied disciplines in the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Humanities the Chairs for Gas Technology and Fuel Utilization, Technical Gas Utilization and Industrial Furnace Construction, the Institute for Mineral Oil and Coal Research. In addition, the "Gasinstitut", which had already been founded by the Association of Gas and Water Utilities, the German Association of Gas and Water Experts (DVGW), was founded by Carl Engler in 1907. When the Faculty of Chemistry was newly founded in 1969, these applied fields were integrated into the then newly established Faculty of Chemical Engineering.